Nobody is immune to the array of emotions that the holidays evoke. Take advantage of this energy by sending your special someone heart felt New Year wishes. These messages are a warm, welcome surprise for your significant other, better half…or “special friend”. Not sure where to begin? Relax, everything’s already right in your hands, all you have to do is text it!
New Year Wishes Connect People
The end of the year means reflecting on the past 12 months. It’s also a moment for setting goals and expectations for the next 365 days. Sooooo wouldn’t it be nice to start this fresh promising year by putting your relationship front and center? Text messages are perfect for this, because in just a few words, you can express appreciation, humour or set the stage for romance. However, for that text to work, it needs to fit your relationship level (much like Christmas text messages), otherwise you might find yourself in an awkward situation, or gulp, actually achieve the opposite effect, and turn your partner off completely! Don’t worry though – we are here to guide you!
Just Starting Out
There is nothing in this world quite like new love! That tingle in your stomach can make you do unbelievable (and sometimes even a little bit crazy) things but that’s ok, because everyone knows that the rules on cloud 9 are different! Still, when it comes to the tone of your first New Year wishes, we suggest sweet, short and super charming, just like those examples:
1. Hey there my little party animal, Happy New Year!
2. Bet you’re looking pretty hot tonight – just like every other night 🙂
3. Your positive energy is contagious…keep it flowing in the New Year 🙂
4. Happy New Year! Hope all your dreams come true…
Have you met someone really exciting that has pretty much sunk your battle ship? Maybe a great conversationalist with not only an array of shared interests, but also a naughty little glint in their eye? Yes? Well, that’s fantastic news! Now that things are heating up, your partner will definitely appreciate your sweet gestures even more, so sending heart-warming New Year wishes is simply imperative! If this has left you a little anxious, don’t worry, just be yourself and show your affection with a lovable text, like:
1. I feel so lucky to be with you…you’re amazing. Happy New year!
2. My resolutions? To learn what makes you happy…and eat more vegetables 🙂
3. When the clock strikes 12, my lips better be on yours! 🙂
4. So glad you’re part of my life…Happy New Year sweetness!
New Year Wishes For Those Who Have Been Together For Ages
If you and your partner have been together for years, the spark might have worn off . It’s not that you don’t love each other, but maybe between deciding whose turn it is to do the dishes, walk the dog or tell the kids about the birds and the bees, romance has taken a back seat. Well, lucky you, New Year’s Eve is by definition, a wonderfully romantic time. So, pay someone to walk the dog for you,and take a little time to craft creative New Years wishes to your better half. This small gesture goes a long way in showing them your deep love and appreciation. So, surprise him or her with a thoughtful and passionate text like one of these:
1. Shhh but I’m a fan. You are perfection and I’m so lucky to be with you!
2. A New Year…365 more days to cherish you, love you and share my life with you!
3. It doesn’t get any better than you. Happy New Year baby!
4. I can’t wait to see what this year has in store for us. We make a great team. Love you.
5. I only made one New Year’s resolution – to love and appreciate you even more! Happy New Year!
Haven’t Seen Each Other in a While (But Want To…)
Ever heard the expression “old flames die hard”? Well if you still have a flame in your heart (or someplace else) than New Year’s is a fine time to try and rekindle old relationships…if you play your cards right. New Year wishes in the form of a text message are probably the least aggressive, and best way to do that, as they can reconnect you with someone special in a matter of seconds, even if they are sending off the year on the other side of the Earth. One word of caution, before you hit send make sure that you are ready for your “shout out” to be met with rejection or silence!
1. Hey stranger! Just wanted to wish you a Happy New Year ☺ Have fun tonight!
2. The New Year holds so much promise and excitement…wishing you the best!
3. Hi there! Happy New Year! Hope our paths will cross again soon… 🙂
4. Happy New Year! You’ve been awfully quiet, hope you’re staying out of trouble 🙂
5. Wherever you are, I hope you have a wonderful New Year ☺
New Year Wishes For Long Distance Relationships
Long distance relationships can be tough, especially if you can’t be with the one you love during the holidays, but on the bright side – it’s a wonderful opportunity to surprise your partner with New Year wishes they’ll remember for a long time to come! Show your devotion in a sweet text like one of these:
1. Just knowing you’re in my life makes the New Year so bright. Miss you.
2. When the clock strikes 12, touch your lips so that you can catch my kiss! I love you!
3. Keep your party dress out, we still have some celebrating to do 🙂 Happy New Year baby!
4. You’re more than incredible, you’re my everything. I love you so much. Happy New Year!
5. I’d give anything to be with you tonight. Happy New Year!
The end of the year is a time for reflection, love and celebration. Show your special someone how much he or she means to you by sending personalized New Year wishes. If you’re at a loss for everyday text message ideas, sign up for our free 30 day Texting Club and you’ll receive over 300 messages! Happy New Year!
P.S here are a few more “pour la route” as the French say! 🙂
1. Not even the energy of the New Year can outshine my love for you.
2. If I get drunk tonight do you promise to take advantage of me?
3. Do you believe in kissing when the ball drops? I do 🙂
4. I think we should celebrate the New Year naked in bed.
5. Let’s do New Year’s Eve..and New Year’s Day
6. If all the restaurants are closed tomorrow maybe we can snack on each other?
7. My massages are the perfect remedy for a New Year’s Day hangover. Just saying.
8. “Should auld acquaintances be forgot..” we’d still have each other 🙂
Recommended for you
Speak Your Mind!
If you’d like a picture to show up by your name, get a Gravatar.