If you want to learn how to text like a lady, the first step is knowing exactly what a lady is. Well, a lady is a lot of things, she is confident, elegant and well mannered. She respects herself and others, and makes those she interacts with — especially her special someone — feel important, needed, and loved. A lady is graceful and genuine, and she avoids coming across as rude, fake, or snooty at all costs.
A lady is everything that many women wish they could be, and that men just can’t get enough of. Sounds pretty good, huh?
Be Kind, Be Gentle, Be Positive
Ladies are skilled at getting out of cars wearing dresses, and also putting others at ease. How can you do this using modern communication? By keeping your messages cheery and lighthearted. But don’t stop there! always try to speak kindly of others, and of yourself (without being a robot). All this positive energy will actually make your partner start craving your uplifting presence.
Handle Negative Topics the Right Way
Of course life is not just glittery Hallmark cards and ice-cream cones. Unfortunately “stuff” does happen. How would a lady proceed? by using tact when discussing a negative topic, meaning, trying to do it in person rather than via text. Angry texts aren’t polite, and ladies aren’t rude. Even if you are angry with your partner, avoid sending rants, instead wait until you can talk to them in person.
Listen Closely and Show Appreciation
Highlighting your listening skills is another important aspect of how to text like a lady. What does this mean? Don’t just text about you; instead, ask questions, and, take note. Later, when you mention something specific that they’ve shared with you, they will feel that you value their thoughts and opinions (and that they are important to you). On a related note, using text messages to show sincere appreciation — even for the little things — is another great way to improve and solidify your relationship.
Be Confident, but Never Arrogant
Part of what makes proper ladies so alluring is their grace, their poise, and their confidence. If you want someone to see you as a lady, don’t sell yourself short. Don’t be afraid to say nice things about yourself, and, if someone offers you a compliment, accept it with warmth, sincerity, and kindness.
An important aspect of portraying confidence is not being too needy or clingy. Avoid sending too many texts in a row, or coming off as desperate. Giving your partner room to breathe shows them that you are self-assured, and that you feel good about your relationship, even without constant contact.
Examples of How to Text Like a Lady
• Loved your family…guess the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree 😉
• I’ve got something special planned for tonight. Care to guess what it is?
• Congrats on your promotion! All your hard work paid off. I’m proud of you.
• I’m sorry you had a rough day. Anything I can do to make it better?
• Amazing dinner. Where did you learn how to cook like that?
• Shhh but I smile like an idiot when I think about you.
…And What to Never Send
• You don’t seem to be invested. I don’t think you are trying hard enough.
• Did you take out the trash, or did you forget AGAIN?
• You think you’ve had a bad day? Wait until I tell you about mine.
• Why do you want to be with me, you could have anyone?
• I just don’t feel like you care about me anymore.
• Why won’t you answer my texts? What’s wrong!?
• I hate your friends. I’m staying home.
So, whip out your phone, think of something coy (with a positive twist) and send your partner a light, playful text message. If you are lacking creative ideas, sign up for our Free 30 day Texting Club Trial and receive access to over 300 text messages. Have fun!
Recommended for you
Speak Your Mind!
If you’d like a picture to show up by your name, get a Gravatar.